Vintage instruments are primarily sought after by collectors. However, avid musicians (especially jazz & blues) have been making the move towards playing with history.
This led me to ask the question; Is it better to play with a vintage instrument???
- Superior Craftsmanship
- Better sound quality because of the craftsmanship
- Safer money investment
- Rare art
- Cultural appreciation
- Aging process effects tone
- Better and more expensive materials
- Accessibility – Easy to find
- More affordable due to mass production
- Easier to have repaired
- Modern styles and decorations
- Durability is greater
But just take a look at these beauties from the 1920’s.